Skip to main content
Your web browser and/or computer operating system is either out of date, or requires a configuration change, and will not be able to access the secure portions of the website. You will not be able to log in or access pages that require secure connections, such as members-only areas, event registrations, payments, etc.
for more info.
This message is from ClubExpress
(website host for HIREBA)
Being in business for yourself doesn't mean having to be in business by yourself.
Add Me To Your Mailing List
Share This Page
Share this page on Facebook
Share this page on Linkedin
Share this page on Twitter
Standard Member Directory
Membership Directory Bio
Standard Member Directory
What is this?
Thomas J Thompson
Note: Email addresses are displayed in a non-clickable format as a security measure.
Before You Buy Inspection Services
6834 Hertford Park Drive
Affiliate Members - Industry Category
Affiliate Members time in industry
Just under 1 yr
Affiliate Members - description of svc
After 15 years in the insurance industry training adjusters on how to estimate damage on homes and cars, I have started my own business providing professional inspections for both homes and autos.
Members and Affiliate Members
Prior to starting my home inspection business I spent 15 years in the insurance industry, the last 7 of those years I was in the Training and Development side of the industry. What my experience in insurance provided me with was not only a vast knowledge of how both homes and cars are put together and repaired; but also an opportunity to work with people from all walks of life.
Purchasing a home is similar to having an insurance claim in the sense that it's not something people do everyday and it can be overwhelming. Having been through both of these processes, I remembered what it was like when I bought my home and had my first big insurance claim. I also remember that my home inspector was not very good. I had questions and he didn't have answers. That didn't work for me. So taking all of my past experience and following through with our great state, I went back to school to get my Professional Home Inspector's License (T. R. E C. License # 22433) and started Before You Buy Inspection Services.
At Before You Buy, I have some very simple business philosophies:
1. I treat the customer as I would want to be treated. I don't want anyone to ever feel the insecurity that I felt during my home purchase.
2. I inspect both homes as cars as if I was going to put my family in them.
3. If I find a problem during an inspection, I'm going to call the buyer's agent first to let them know the situation so they are not blind sided by a customer's panicked phone call. Communication is key and if we are on the same page, the whole transaction will be that much smoother.
4. I provide clear, concise, drama free reports in a timely manner to give your customers the maximum amount of time during their option period to make a sound decision.
5. Finally, I encourage participation. This time is stressful for customers, but my goal is to handle their business so they feel more confident in the home buying process.
So if you've made it this far, I'd love to hear from you. I want to know what I can do to help you with your jobs and responsibilities. How can I provide service to your customers to help you look good? I look forward to hearing from you and working with you in the near future.
Return to Previous Page